Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rolex 24 TV Coverage

I get that sports car endurance racing is even more of a niche sport than IndyCar racing, but seriously. I have something like 500 channels. I can even get Yankees programming via the YES network ... and I live in Boston! Suffice it to say I am not hurting for channels. Why is it, then, that right now cars are racing in Daytona, and I cannot see it on my beautiful 37" HDTV until 7:00 AM tomorrow morning. I could watch it from 3:00 PM through 10:00 PM last night, and today I can watch it from 7:00 AM through 4:00 PM. I get that nobody is awake, but just on principle, in an era when I can watch college basketball in HD right now on five channels, shouldn't I be able to check in and see what's happening?

I guess I shouldn't complain, though. SPEED TV is airing a ton of the race, and all of it during hours when sane and reasonable people are awake. Which I guess means I should just go to bed, it being 1:25 AM. So, good night! I hope the IndyCar guys are having good night stints down in Daytona!

No comments: